Yu Yu Neo Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yu Yu Neo Project

Yu Yu Hakusho Mugen

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts and Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Well now that me and my bro want to make the characters a bit more wider, that opens up the door for easier edits for us. We know that characters aren't to buff like DBZ characters but with wider characters it makes it easier for us to sprite them a lot faster.

Now we were gonna have Yusuke, Hiei, Jin, Genkai, Chu, and older Toguro in the first release of the game but now since we've made them wider other Characters like Kuwabara and Kurama are easier to do in the first release.

The Characters that we have chosen are the ones that will be easier to sprite quickly. Four of the six characters that we choose we will sprite them together, to cut the sprite time in have. Each character will have a very wide range of moves since were gonna draw a lot of moves from different snk characters.

Joe, Andy, Kim and Terry just to name a few and there gonna be about the same size as them too. Just wanted to throw a few things out there, just to let you know whats up and what were thinking about doing. So what are you thoughts or what ideas do u get from hearing about this?
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:28 am

I don't want to sound discouraging or anything like that, but using SNK characters as a base, is a very very bad idea.
It may be easy to edit, but it all boils down to a brazen imitation of stances and signature moves anyone could easily recognize where they were taken from.
Plus, fighting moves from any of those characters mentioned are not in the least similar to how YYH characters ever fought, or would fight like. For example, you can't just give Joe's kickboxing style to Yusuke, that's just not right.
My suggestion would be, to not use any bases, or at least, not to edit SNK characters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reikai-guide.net
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Well it would be like that if we were rookies at spriting Twisted Evil besides i think we should them give a bit more moves that are understandable nothing too out there...You wont really be able to tell where their from unless we said something...unless your a snk junkie..if you take a leg from here and put it there im more then sure that we could make our own original moves....Jin for example we could give him more kick moves since he is in the air, like if i was flying around i would be doing alot of more kicking or have a a balance of both...

Besides nobody has time for fully Custom char especially if we talking about making 6 chars...that alot of work man Shocked

CvS size is the size I am going for idk know about you guys...but that is right size for everything and everyone...the problem with the last sprites were they were just too skinny....on yusuke for ex he has muscles and he isnt really buff but he is ripped..So with the last size i couldnt really cut him like i wanted but with CvS this kick ass....

And with the competition looking pretty good in the gameplay area we need to have a good choice of moves...
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm

it really isn't that hard to make custom moves from existing sprites,
so it's also easy to do custom sprites for customed sprites when you are a bit experienced.

Another plus is that CVS has the most standard size,
and also a very easy yet cartoonish look to edit.
Well atleast if you are getting the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Cherres to that comment and three cool points to raitei for sending me that terry sheet Exclamation

Why dont you try giveing it a shot joe im sure you will see how easy it really is for somebody of our experience and we and still make the sprites look pretty good...

Who do you guys think would be reasonable for the first release?? bounce
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:21 pm

are you guys going for a full game or a engine demo for the first release?

if it's supposed to be a full game, I would atleast suggest the main characters.
8 to 10 characters sounds resonable or maybe even 9 with one "random select"

Yusuke
Kuwabara
Kurama
Hiei
Genkai
Rival/Enemy
Rival/Enemy
Rival/Enemy

if it's just a engine demo 2 to 4 characters will do.
you could keep tester and players/fans exicted by adding some things to see.
For example a demo storyboard.
Back to top Go down
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:57 pm

I like what u got there for a list but since me and yusuke arent just doing the dark T anymore and may do other characters like Seneui or maybe Sniper.

It opens the door up to more characters for us to have..

Sorry about Genkai I was about 75% done with Her and just didnt like how she was turning out. Its not like she looked bad, its just that I can do so much better now, I lost the drive to finish her up, oops Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 am

Well i guess we should come up with a good story that everybody would be proud of...Right now char wise we are just doing the guys with not so much stuff on them...I may give kurama a shot i havent done him yet...Every one we are spriteing up now are the guys we are gonna do...we are trying to do like 6 for the first release...since the chars are bigger i guess we may need to give them like 6 buttons as well..I may also give Bui a shot as well bounce

While i am thinking about this.I was thinking about givein each char a emotional mode...in yu yu hakusho every char as some goal they are fighting for and usually have somebody backing them for yusuke its kankio(dont think i spelled it right) his girlfriend
and such on maybe we could make them protect their vip from getting hit the longer they stay the stronger they get.
Back to top Go down
TK
Ningen
Ningen
TK

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:16 pm

I was resurrected, so now we finna get this ship poppin me joe yusuke DS raitei its time... or not lolololol FUck errbody else, ima do what I can more bases simple edits?????
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:00 am

welcome back TK!
Back to top Go down
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:09 am

Hey TK

yea you can do that, it would help us out a lot.

I like that idea Yusuke, I'm down with that one. I dont think its been done in mugen as of yet by anyone.

Here's few more characters that may get put into the game

Rango
The guy with the black shrit that Hiei killed ( I dont know his name at the moment he was on Rinku's team)
Rinku
Touya
Shura
Yomi one of the three kings
Razien(big maybe) one of the three kings
Back to top Go down
TK
Ningen
Ningen
TK

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:16 am

ima need pics of the bases that need to be done
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:35 am

Got tons of pixs let me know who you need in the resources section and i post them up really good to have you back..I hope guys are ready We gonna take this up to next level... i am gonna redesign this site when i get the chance...lets continue with this new found pace
Back to top Go down
TK
Ningen
Ningen
TK

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:34 pm

The main ones I needed were hiei and yoko, but im good, just send me the pics of bases u guys want me to start off.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:16 pm

well base wise im not really sure about who for either of them for yoko i was useing K to do a edit of him i could point you where got most of my snk sheets check out here

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/SpritesNeoGeo.htm

There are some good snk bases there so take your choice if you need me to choose one out i can Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thoughts and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Ideas   Thoughts and Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Ideas
Page 1 of 1