Yu Yu Neo Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yu Yu Neo Project

Yu Yu Hakusho Mugen

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Contest Select Your Char!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

New Contest Select Your Char! Empty
PostSubject: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am

Lets See If You Guys can come up with a female Char from yu yu hakusho cheers

It can be anyone of them which ever you feel like doing If its really good it will be in the game as a stage char or a assist char...Sounds interesting Right So Who is in?? bounce

Of course we would need a judge as well So Hurry up people lets choose our places cat
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:36 am

I would love to participate, but it depends on how many people will sign up. I don't want it to boil down to the same old three-people contests we have had before.
Yusuke, maybe you could get some people from ZGT to join in?
If we were to gather more contestants this time, I would even gladly design the trophies once again for this occasion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reikai-guide.net
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:44 am

Well i try to get more people to partake in this one Really right now We only have about 6 or 7 active members..But i will see what i can do i would to judge this time around santa unless you guys got another idea in mind
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 am

I don't bother joining if there is a specific deadline and subject.

Tell me when and I'll see if I'm able
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:48 am

Okay here are the rules..

1. The char must be a Female from Yu Yu hakusho.

2. It Must Be in CvS style or size or a bit bigger.

3.All sprites Must be in 5 days after the start of the sprite contest

4.Anything Goes It can be anything you guys can think of for the ladies Twisted Evil

5.Last but not least Have Fun!!

If your sprite is very good We will add them to the Game as a Emotional Support char that will be used for insane attacks!! bounce

I hope that is good Now We just need people so..Are you in or out somebody has to be the first to say "Hey i am in" So others can say it as well come on folks Smile
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 am

I'm on standby, like I said, I want more contestants to sign up this time. And with Yusuke as a judge, that's one potential spriter not participating.

Another thing that bugs me, is the topic:
To draw just any girl would it make hard for judges to pass fair judgements since some of the female characters might be more popular than others.
Other problems would be:
- Each spriter would need a reference pic to design his girl of choice after
- Each judge would need the same reference pictures to compare to
- A height restriction would be helpful, but if there are several choices in girls, you can't apply the height limit to just anyone, because some girls are shorter than others (for example, Yukina)
Why is the pixel height so important?
It has to match the other sprites in relation, and if you really plan to make use of the winner's sprite in the game, we'll have to determine a certain height. Otherwise, the sprite has to be re-edited to match up with the others, and that kind of defeats the purpose, if we can't use the sprite as it is. If a great looking sprite is too big, we'd have to cut it down, and that might take away some details.

My suggestion would be, to settle for just ONE girl, with a height limit set, I could even post up reference pics for everyone to look and to create their sprites after.

Just a thought of mine. Of course, you don't have to change the subject if you don't want to.

Last edited by Okami Joe on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:07 am

Yea i think we should add a height restriction..I dont want to limit to one sprite though i got place where you can find all the yu yu pictures you need str8 from the episodes so finding pictures wont be problem...But first We need at least one person to be in the so yeah somebody handle that part I love you
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:24 am

you know where I'm going
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Rai Tei wrote:
you know where I'm going
uhh not really but i hope its in the contest Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 am

well I'm down. I want to do juri but in some different clothes Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:48 am

okay So far We got

Darksayjian

Rai Tei(i think Basketball )

Okami Joe( still in limbo pale )

I see if we can get any more santa
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Don't think too hard.

I'm in
Back to top Go down
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:26 pm

lol!

alright its me Vs. Rai Tei me like
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:12 pm

So, what's it gonna be?
Anymore contestants or are we going to start any soon?
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Well im gonna give it one more day then i will post up who you guys are to sprite and other rules... Wink
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Ok Welll here it is

New Contest Select Your Char! 812482651

1.You Guys are gonna be doing a keiko sprite in the new style...

2.The sprite should be a whole head shorter then the current yusuke .(about 99pxl or a bit taller)make her reasonably Wide to suit the new look we are going for....

3.You guys got a week to pull this one off...I dont think You need too much time for this one

#$$%#$%$#%#%#%%%%$##^$@Bonus points#$#$%$#$%#%#$$%$#%#$%%#

EX4.You Get Extra point for a good animation( you could make her wave her hand) we could use that in the game

EX 5. Any Original Sprite kicks up the points as well..

Hope You guys have fun...The prize is Bragging rights and maybe a trophy from joe if he feels like it XP
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:46 am

I won't participate this time, since I already made a Keiko sprite before.
But I should add, that Keiko, while standing up straight, is actually a bit taller than Yusuke. If she was meant to be background only, one head shorter would be okay, but it wouldn't be right if she were to be used for winning poses.
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:32 am

Okami Joe wrote:

But I should add, that Keiko, while standing up straight, is actually a bit taller than Yusuke.

are you sure?

New Contest Select Your Char! Yuyuhakushogroupay5
New Contest Select Your Char! W300

New Contest Select Your Char! 1116313764csyyhyuyufw9
New Contest Select Your Char! W600

New Contest Select Your Char! Grupinnd5
New Contest Select Your Char! W426
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:52 am

Oooops, sorry I mixed that up.
I meant Yusuke is slightly taller than Keiko, but not by a whole head.
My fault.
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:26 pm

not really a problem,
everyone makes mistakes.

Too bad you're not competing though.
Well, at least I've got the refference pictures up.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:14 pm

gald you got that cleared up im interested in see what exactly you can come up with yay sprites >_<
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:56 pm

by the way, would it be okay to make it a 10 days deadline instead of a 7 days?
It's up to you and DS for this one.

cause I've got to works these 3 days =<
Back to top Go down
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 pm

sorry about saying something so late, but the 10 days thing is fine with me, since I got really busy all of a sudden
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:30 am

yea same here take ten days..thats cool got a lot of family over here so i wont be around too much until after the holidays so yea i understand as well..
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Have I mistaken the date or something?

Viewing the announcig post to be 19th December, must've meant us to post our entries at the 29th =X

I thought it would've been today.

My bad, but DS hasn't post yet either...

Well, here's what I've got

New Contest Select Your Char! Reikoentryfm2

Sorry the complete thing looks messy and rushed,
I had a very meesed up time myself.
And I also need to say that I've never done a girl sprite at all,
so I relied the base to do the most of the work xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Contest Select Your Char!   New Contest Select Your Char! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Contest Select Your Char!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yu Yu Neo Project :: Official Yu Yu Neo Contests-
Jump to: