Yu Yu Neo Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yu Yu Neo Project

Yu Yu Hakusho Mugen

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm back and...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 pm

@ALL

I'm sorry i wasn't online much lately, mostly because little to no free time and several computer issues, but still, i used quite some bit of my energy and dedication to better myself in spriting, animation, and researched several matters to keep things authentic and good-looking.

I animated lots of sprites, remastered old ones, created some flashy SFX for this very Yu Yu Neo Project.
But i really don't feel like posting any of them here or on any other boards any longer.

I'll tell you why:

- THIS BOARD IS DEAD

With 27 registered members, about 90% never wrote a message or got involved in any way which makes this project look quite pathetic. What's the use if i post up some progress only to be punished by no reaction at all, or just by some posts of my own team - seriously, what do we need a board for if it's just like this? Barely anyone would criticize or comment on creations or the likes, even on topics we really could need some feedback on. I was the only one from my team to actually check this board on a regular basis, only to find out that there's nothing going on.

- NO SUPPORT AT ALL

Most people we tried to recruit were either lazy, untalented, or just annoying morons with no ambition at all.

- TEAM MEMBERS THAT WON'T STAY TRUE TO THE TOPIC

Yusuke - i'm disappointed in you.
For you being the project leader, i thought i could expect some more dedication from you. I thought you could be at least more active here on your own board, instead on posting up every sprite, be it YYH or something else, mainly on other forums.
You told me, you would be too busy because of college, and i respected that. I also understand that if you are working on a sheet, you'd eventually get sick of it and you'd like to move on to another theme for a change and get back on it later, that's no problem either.
But that's not what pissed me off.

What really took the cake, was your idea of being busy, by being active on any other board than your own, and the following announcement on ZGT where you'd start a whole new DBZ Mugen project AS WELL AS JOINING yet ANOTHER DBZ project for the next few months.
Our project has been up for one year already and now suddenly you're starting to work on a friggin' GOHAN SHEET when we haven't even finished ONE of our YUYU NEO CHARS??!! Then i have to read things like, you and your brother are about half way done with UUB?!

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ALL THIS TIME???

All of a sudden you guys put effort and time in putting together a sprite-sheet, as long as it's NOT about Yuyu?? All i hear is that you have no time to complete a yuyu sheet that's supposed to be 95% done, then you'd call me on MSN to give me assignments, make me do all the work, while you're spriting something completely different!
As if those shitty DBZ sprites haven't been done to death already!
This goes way beyond of doing something else just in order to relieve some stress you'd encounter with your previous work.
What's with all that sweet-talk about commitment if you won't stay faithful to a project you and others put some real effort into for such a long time?
Now, i'm really fed up, and decided not to be part of this project any longer.

...Sayonara ByeBye.

Last edited by Okami Joe on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reikai-guide.net
FlyingShadow
Ningen
Ningen
FlyingShadow

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Wow... just wow. I'm not one to really say anything since I can't do a damn thing, but this really saddens me. I kinda wish I never read this. Never would have thought that Yusuke would do something like that. Seems kinda weird. I thought all the guys working on this were really dedicated to this project and their work showed it too. But it is really dead here saddly. What we really need to do is send messages out to members or something to bring everyone together and try to come up with things to keep members interested in sticking around. I just wish I wasn't so worthless when it came to these things, otherwise I'd devote every second of my free time into this. The best I can do is provide ideas, but that's kinda difficult with no one here....

I only have one thing left to say for now and that is don't go Joe. I haven't been here much either but I do know that you have done a lot. If this project is to continue then it needs you, as well as all the other members working on it. They need you.

That most likely sounded really corny but I don't care. I have spoken what is on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:36 am

Flying Shadow,

I appreciate your concern.
Haven't seen you around here that often either, but the sad thing about this is, that you actually visit this board MORE constantly than the actual rest of the team.
Just look how much time has passed since I started this topic. Even now, Yusuke and DS are quite unaware of my decision, since they are too busy putting together some shitty DBZ sprites on another board. And if you still think that wouldn't be something they'd do check out these links (you need to be registered to read).

http://www.zgteam.net/forums/index.php?topic=1358.0
http://www.zgteam.net/forums/index.php?topic=1349.0

I refuse to work with team members that lack dedication and are of questionable morals.
Damn right, they need me. They wouldn't be able to sprite anything decent anyway.
I never told anyone, but actually quite a number of people wanted me to join their mugen project as a spriter.
But you know what, I turned them down, no matter how interesting that project's theme was going to be. I made this project my top priority only to get betrayed by my own team in the end.

I learned here a lot nevertheless, and will put those skills to good use.
I'll do my own thing from now on.
Back to top Go down
FlyingShadow
Ningen
Ningen
FlyingShadow

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. After not seeing a response after a while I stopped checking, thinking that you weren't going to come back and check. All I have to say is I wish I knew how to do the things that you do. I know I'd be someone that you wouldn't have to question on dedication. The only thing that would limit my work would be my skill. I even have ideas for other YYH games that I wish I could do or that someone like Banprasto (sp) or Namco Bandi would do. If you're interested in hearing about them, even just for the sake of hearing about them, I'd like to tell you about the one that's on my mind right now. Well I hope to hear from you and good luck with any other work that you do.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:21 pm

Well im really sorry that you thought all of this and im not gonna responde to some of the negative stuff that was said in that post but i will say this much....Our team does needs improvement in one major area which is btw and i quote "communication" All of this could have been avoided if we all communicated more...Joe i always put the project first why cause i thought me and you were really good friends...We both could have been better teammates but we had good times as friends and team...What Me and my brother have done for this project up to date we release a few stages on other fourms of YYH...We did learned how to do our Own oringal FX , Our own high res stages, And i am in the middle of learning how to program chars all in the name for our project....All that i just said is all in the name of the project...

Me and my brother Have been on this project before we met you...and we all have came along way since then...If i chose to do DBZ chars doesnt mean i want our team's stuff on the back burner its just that i want learn how to do somethings better..using a different format one that i am very familiar with...It doesnt take me long to do dbz ...so i can learn alot more quicker by messing with that thats just how it is for me....

My main reasons for not posting up on this fourm was i just couldn't get in contact with you i sent pms and we just couldn't get each other on msn...so i just thought oh well i guess something is going on with joe and was like okay...i tried talking on here but it was just basically me and my bro for short time...which made me go even more ok...The thing that "Erked" me was when i saw you on other fourms checking out our threds and such and not contacted me...which made me think why is he not talking to us?? i sent you a message on the other fourms...you didnt answer so i sent you one on here still no answer...so i really thought you didnt want to talk to me or something...

But After reading this i see you were accusing us of not giving a crap about this fourm and all of the other stuff...which is wrong...i give this project so much time in my life...that it was like a girlfriend taking up all of my time...so much time that i needed time for my self...i been on this project longer then 1 year.. long before i met you...i think i deserve a break every now and then....My morals Straight up i m sure u post what i was going to do on this fourm as well...i never said "I QUIT" or forget YYHNEO i talk about it every fourm im on...So im str8 up about my morals..

You kinda jumped the gun....You didnt even ask What i was doing.....Or if i still worked on the project...Or if i quit at all you just posted up a bunch of angry thoughts and words....Im not sure how much you done for the project in talk of release...I dont think We have ever asked you to do all of the work i mostly just ask you to do a Spriteing base or try learning how out to do diffrent things like FX or High Res stages..You Dont do all the work Me and my brother Have done multiple sheets over and over again trying to get them right for our project, Not only sheets but Stages programing and Fx So please dont say you do all the work its a team effort not just you...and Yes We do have support from other fourms...people actually wanna see how much we can do on our own...We have to come together and put all of bullshit on the side and Get back on track...

I do want to apologize for my wrong doings as in not talking much on my own forums i say sorry to anybody actually wanting a real YYH Mugen Fourm...But i will not apologize for taking a break on something i been really working for over a year...I really dont want you to go cause your a really good friend but...if You would just up and leave without talking things through over own spill then what type of friend are you...Im not gonna get made and through everything out cause we mess up a one...im gonna try to make it work with my Teammates and most importantly friends...Joe im Sorry We had to had this spill But let just get everything together come up with a game plan and let's get back together...i really don't like seeing one of the people consider to be my friend like this Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:32 pm

I was summoned via email.

anyways...
it really is your own choice to rather stay or leave.
no one can force you to it.

ALL projects and teams are hard to start with,
especially a big project with over 10 characters in high quality ect.
Don't even think of getting wellknown,
having all the fame in the world and over 20 active members with over 500 posts for starters.

Next to the fact that this forum is about a yu yu mugen project, which is updating about every half year.
Not being the only yuyu mugen project, there is absolutely NOTHING atractive about this forum AT ALL.
All subjects discussed here can easily found on forums I/who ever visits daily.

Make your forum exclusive to some topics,
make it atractive and get members to do stuff.
Have a chat, have games, have special discussions and activities!

And saying Newdude doing "Shitty DBZ sheets" is just a lack of arguements,
he's the one doing all the yuyu sheets you're dreaming of getting alive aswell.
Now I'm not really supporting newdude for letting things down himself and start on other things.

But, you aren't THAT dedicaded yourself aswell if you are going to quit on a little struggle. Why didn't you try to convice the team to carry on yourself?
Eventhough Newdude is the leader, it's still a TEAM.
You are a PART of the TEAM, so you have YOUR duties aswell.

Don't blame all things to others is what I'm trying to point out.
Quitters are LOSERS.

My first release never got any comment, TOTALY NEGLECTED.
Yet I'm still here working hard on a project on my own at the background.
I haven't been sitting still CRYING about how much it failed,
I canceled it to make more improvements on it and start over.

I am no part of the team, but as a friend of newedude and yours.
I hope things can be handled in a more civilized way.

BTW: let's say.. I am a real forum poster myself.
So if you could keep me being here, you at least have a start.
I see what you guys can get.
Back to top Go down
Okami Joe
Lord Of The Sprite
Okami Joe

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Alright people,
I talked it over with Yusuke the other day, and came to the conclusion that maybe I could give this project a second chance.

By the time I created this topic, I was very very pissed.
I felt betrayed and left out of the circle.
To make people understand, in my honest opinion, i think DBZ is way too overrated, and WAY too many people are creating the same kind of DBZ sprites/characters for MUGEN.
On the other hand, YYH gets absolutely no love.
Nowadays, the leadings shows are Naruto and Bleach, and the only thing people like to accept as an equal is always DBZ. Yuyu is like, forgotten.
I have absolutely no clue why, and as a big fan, I feel obligated to YYH.

I couldn't stand the fact, that my team would start off to create DBZ sprites, join DBZ projects, and stay away from their own board for months without saying a word. For me, that was just like them saying "Ah, fuck that project", and at that time, I really felt there was absolutely no point in discussing it either.

Don't get me wrong now, I didn't agree to return right now, but I definately consider it later. My life got even busier than it already was, I have a homepage to update, and several other private projects to complete, that I planned for years now.
All I can provide at the time being, is my presence here, and maybe a few sprites now and then.
Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 3:03 pm

It's great to hear the things are atleast talked over.
The world is about communication, without it not only this project, but everything will just wither and be lost.

Communication is one very improtant thing.

I can understand your anger, and I hope more people can.
DBZ is overrated is a fact aswell.
But mind it being one of the few series broadcasted over the entire world and actually introduced anime to many countries.
DBZ might be the first impression of anime for many people.

I've got to admit that Yu Yu Hakusho is a great serie,
just like many other undiscovered or forgotten treasures.
But it's just not well known enough and to many people not as great as DBZ which broadcasted around the same era.
Another fact that made DBZ more well known is the lenght of the serie.
How many people are still talking about great series like FMA or F/SN which also broadcasted around the time when Naruto began?
Neither did Shaman King or One Piece get the same credits during their time.

Yet I don't agree that you say everyone is making the same DBZ characters for mugen, cause some are better than the other.

And I also think it's just human to take a break and start on other things to get a little variation. Eventhough the DBZ project isn't really that small =\
But I do think you need to understand how much work sheeting actuallly is,
especially if you are going for acuracy and precision.

I'll be waiting for the day this project finally meets it's end, be it a good or bad
end.
I'll eventualy help out if possible =p
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Admin
Yusuke

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Well i guess thats cool man do what you think is right for your self..no rush the project will get done in good time...if you choose to help good...if not still good luck to you....everybody needs a break every now and then..Me and my brother will do all we can do..along with the help of all the faithful friends we got..Do what you need your always welcome with here either way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darksayjian
Admin
darksayjian

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 pm

well I guess I should finally say something and come back out from under the rock I was hiding at.

There really isnt to much for me to say my bro say it pretty damn good. I feel the same way as he does cheers

Hey Rai Tei sorry, I was working on some special edits that Yusuke ask me to do, one is a Kuwabara , a Jin's in the hole with maybe chu or genkai too.

I don't like my older Genkai, so I want to do a new one. A bigger one, there a lot easier to edit and it will give me more creativity to work with. I'm sure you'll like the new direction we're going in What a Face
Back to top Go down
Rai Tei
D-Class Youkai
D-Class Youkai
Rai Tei

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Welcome back from under the rock DS =D

Isn't this topic something like concluded?
And I sure do like the new style =D

BTW, the admins should give you a 50 year ban for being late! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm back and... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back and...   I'm back and... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm back and...
Page 1 of 1